Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cameron Sabol

I talked about this in my column Sunday but I thought it deserved to be on my blog as well, so here are my comments about Cam Sabol from Sunday's paper!

- Rarely have I seen as determined an effort from one individual in a team sport as Cam Sabol had against South Stanly.
In the media, we like to single out players with big numbers because stats are unrefutable for the most part and it’s easy to include in articles.
Sabol’s offensive line, along with running back Anthony Long, deserve a lot of credit for giving Sabol room to run.
However, Sabol’s 54-yard scramble late in the first quarter was an amazing play (see the picture page for a glimpse of it).
Sabol was caught by the Bulls defense and knocked down, but the Comet senior kept his knees off the ground and broke free in one of the most amazing plays I’ve seen in 11 years of broadcasting.
Credit for North’s win goes to the entire team, of course, with Long’s kickoff return and Johnny Little’s fumble return.
But if you see Cam this week in the halls at North, shake his hand; he gave his all for North on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment