Monday, May 30, 2011

South Stanly Baseball advances to 1A state title game with win at Murphy

After having made the five-hour trip up to Murphy tonight to see South Stanly's 19-8 win over Murphy in Game Three of the NCSHAA 1A regional finals, one word can describe the experience: exhausting.

And if I am sitting here at my computer gasping for breath, imagine what the Bulls' players had to endure through seven innings of baseball today with the temperature gauge starting at 91 degrees at the game's 5 p.m. start time.

You have to be dedicated to your schools and to the game of baseball to play under these condititions, which is certainly true of South Stanly and Murphy.

In speaking to the Bulldogs and their fans on Saturday and up here in the mountains today, I heard at least three or four times what a class act and what good and worthy opponents South Stanly was for their team and their boys.

I wanted to thank all of the Murphy fans that were so kind to my wife and I today...it's not always being the reporter covering the visiting team at a state playoff game, but Laura and I felt welcome and appreciated.

For more details of today's game, a full story will be in Tuesday's print edition and online at www.thesnaponline.com later Tuesday!

So, Rebel Bull Nation...make your plans to be in Raleigh as soon as possible! South goes for their second state title in three years against the 21-4 East Columbus Gators on Friday! I'll have further details on the game in the paper and on Facebook, Twitter and this blog as soon as I can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment