Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Nickel Tour at the Paper

Every now and again, we have tours of students coming through the paper of all ages, from kindergarten through college-age. It's always fun to see the wonder and excitement in the eyes of young kids.

We had an awesome group of students come through earlier today from West Stanly and I have rarely seen such excitement from our five-cent tour. I have suggested we should have a gift shop at the end of the tour, but nothing is yet forthcoming (just kidding).

Every now and then, when I go to the schools to snap pictures, I will notice in some classrooms that our articles are covering the walls. Being able to reach out to people with the power of print is an awesome responsiblity that none of us at the paper ever take lightly.

It really makes the long hours worthwhile when you see the excitement of a young sports fan who wanted to meet me just because I write sports stories for the paper. It makes me want to work that much harder to make the sports page and every facet of the SNAP's sports coverage in Stanly County that much better.




No comments:

Post a Comment